Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Scott Thomas Outlar- Two Poems


Cutting the Circle
  
Slaying the angels
one at a time
with fire, brimstone and bloodletting
then onto the archetypes
drained of all vitality
with a deathblow to collective consciousness

Leave the puddle of chaos
whimpering in defeat
with soggy tarot card enchantments

It’s out with the old and
in with the new

No cycles this time
as we march in a straight line
toward the future


Daily Bread
  
I will work for food.
I will work instead of food.
I will work in spite of food.
I will work because it is my food.



Scott Thomas Outlar spends the hours flowing and fluxing with the (sometimes chaotic) tide of the Tao River while laughing at and/or weeping over the existential nature of life. More of his words can be read at 17numa.wordpress.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment