Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Scott Thomas Outlar- A Poem


Turning the Cycle
 
When I sneeze,
I see God.
Killing my mind
to reach Nirvana.
When I weep,
the flood comes.
Cutting my vein
to save the world.

When I rest,
the wars cease.
Enter my dreams
to slay the Beast.
When I scream,
the thunder roars.
Bringing the rain
to cleanse mortal flesh.

When I sing,
the stars shine.
Turn on the light
to chase away shadows.
When I feast,
the silence arrives.
Sacrifice my meal
to keep the cycle turning.

When I fuck,
the seed blooms.
Sowing the fields
to reap evolution’s rewards.
When I die,
the dust forms.
Burn until ash
to call out the Phoenix.


Bio:
Scott Thomas Outlar survived both the fire and the flood - now he dances with existential fervor while waiting on the next round of chaos to commence.  Otherwise, he basically keeps things chill while flowing with the Tao.  He can be reached at 17Numa@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment